Acts of Kindness - How a Friend Helped me During a Time of Need
When I decided to return to the UK in January 2014, I asked a friend of mine whether he would be able to help me with the move and he said yes. Here are some of the things he did for me:
- Paid a bill of £600 on my behalf because I did not have any funds in the UK at that time
- Offered to let me stay in his house for a couple of weeks rent free
- Let me borrow his car to go see my family
- Took me several times to see people who were selling cars when I told him I was planning to buy one. He even drove me from Stevenage to Surrey, a 4 hour journey back and forth!
- Gave me a quilt, pillows and a small desk for my computer when I moved out.
I stayed at his place for nearly a month and as soon as I secured a job I moved out. During my stay, I was well looked after and on top of the things I mentioned above, he did me many other favours to which I'm forever grateful now. I have to point out that he was himself unemployed at that time but still he helped me more than he possibly could. This is proof you don't need to be well-off to do good deeds, you just need a kind heart.
I thought I'd post this so it stays forever online and to let him know how much I appreciate everything he's done for me. Thank you Sanj!
PS: Looks like I've adopted your guitar as well now ;)
...and the small prints read... you'll be my designated driver for the next 15 years ;)
But anyway, glad I could be of help and it was a pleasure to have you around as well. It's not always the material things you have to offer that counts. And, it feels good to know that ,you , are also doing the same to those in need, without the thought that you will get something in return.